Experts in the teaching and learning of writing are available to provide specific instructional support for any course at Appalachian State. We offer generalized workshops and support in the following areas:
We also offer individually designed sessions created in consultation with the faculty member and designed to support context-specific student learning.
If you would like a WAC consultant to come to your class, please complete this request form.
The Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) Program's main objective is to support the culture of writing at Appalachian State by engaging with teachers in all disciplines. We also offer a variety of workshops about teaching writing. Many of these are open to the University, but we can also tailor workshops to the needs of specific faculty groups.
If you you would like to discuss these or any other topics with WAC consultants, contact WAC liason (listed below):
WAC Consultant Liaisons by College:
- College of Arts and Sciences (Maths and Sciences): Sarah Zurhellen and Kelly Terzaken
- College of Arts and Sciences (Humanities and Social Sciences): Kelly Terzaken and Sarah Zurhellen
- College of Business: Miles Britton and Beth Carroll
- College of Education: Beth Carroll and Julie Karaus
- College of Fine and Applied Arts (Art, Theatre & Dance): Sarah Zurhellen and Julie Karaus
- College of Fine and Applied Arts (Applied Design, Sustainable Development, and Sustainable Tech & the Built Environment): Beth Carroll and Julie Karaus
- College of Fine and Applied Arts (Communication): Miles Britton and Sarah Zurhellen
- College of Health Sciences: Julie Karaus and Beth Carroll
- Graduate School: Beth Carroll and Sarah Zurhellen
- Hayes School of Music: Sarah Zurhellen and Miles Britton
- Honors College: Beth Carroll and Sarah Zurhellen
- University College: Miles Britton and Julie Karaus
- Watauga Residential College: Julie Karaus and Miles Britton